Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Day 9

Perhaps it just this month that has me down and out. I have never been fond of February. In trying to find time to do laundry, managing what money I have for the shortest month of the year, trying to be on top of my class work (where it is oh so easy to fall behind without intending to), getting the room organized, and other concerns, I have tuckered myself out. Yes, I wrote tuckered. I know it's a silly word, but it is one that is not used nearly enough.

There is a wonderful song about February sung by the incomprable Dar Williams. She manages to convey the feelings about this, the shortest month, better than I ever could. I heavily recommend that everyone listen to it, if at all possible. February, despite being only 28 days this year, still manages to make every one of those days last. Perhaps it is because it is the last true month of winter. I know the groundhog saw his shadow, so it will be a long winter. (Note, I do not know if the predictions of said groundhog apply to Europe, I certainly hope they do not=

I know I should not complain. Many states back home are experiencing one of the most bitter winters in recent memory. What right do I have to complain? As of yet, I have not been seriously troubled by the weather. I am still able to move as I please. Perhaps I am just letting my attitudes about this month get to me. Perhaps I am even more homesick then I realized.

Whatever the reason, February's 28 days will pass slowly. Only a quarter of a way through the month and I want it to end already. To quote someone or other "This does not augur well."

No comments:

Post a Comment