Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Denmark in Total

I have now had enough time for me to think over the great nation of Denmark. There are things about Denmark that I have come to miss, and may realize myself missing. Like when I returned from China, there is a sort of reverse culture shock in progress. Granted, Denmark was closer to the U.S.A. in many cultural respects, but there are still somethings I find odd. For example, even with taxes, things are slightly cheaper here. Also, service people are friendly and sociable. I'm not saying that the Danish service persons were rude, they were just reserved.

I grew much as a person from being in Denmark. I am now slightly more comfortable in my own skin. I am more mature as a person then I was when I entered. The experience reminds me of a Navajo expression that roughly translated into English means, as we grow in maturity we will walk in beauty and harmony. I don't remember the Navajo anymore. I wish I did.

So I am glad to be home. I wish everyone the best. Denmark was Denmark, but it was not a place I could build a home.

No comments:

Post a Comment