Friday, May 7, 2010

Blogathon 2010

For the past few summers, a group of close personal friends in the greater Boston area have participated in something they have lovingly dubbed "The Day of Blogs." Officially, it is known as Blogathon . Over a single 24 hour period, a blogger will update their blog continously every half hour. The purpose of such a mental marathon is to raise funds for an organization that the blogger supports. Sponsors will either give a flat contribution or an amount for each post. In the past, organizations my friends have blogged for have included Planned Parenthood, Amnesty International, a women's center in the greater Boston area, and others that I cannot remember at the moment. This year, as I will actually be in Boston over the summer, I hope to be a participant in the Blogathon.

So what will I be posting about for that day? In my life, I have been fortunate enough to travel to many and diverse places such as China, Denmark, Ecuador, France, India, Italy, Korea (South), New Zealand, Spain, and Tanzania. So my theme on the Day of Blogs will be the 48 Memories from Travel. Not the most original theme ever, however it is something that I will be something that I feel I will able to write about easily. I have only recently emailed the organization I hope to blog for, but as of yet, I haven't heard back. Hopefully, by the end of the weekend I will know and I will be able to share all of the appropriate information.

As I get closer to the actual day (July 25 beginning at 9:00 Eastern Daylight Time), there will be more information. I just wanted to put the word out there and warn anyone reading that there will be madness. Look forward to updating soon with all of the necessary information about who I will blogging for, how I can be supported in this, and what more my entries on the day itself may deal with.

Until then, all the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment