Friday, June 25, 2010

Free Concert

One of the many advantages of interning at a Radio Station is you get to hear about all sorts of upcoming shows, and on occasion you get to hear bands you have not been previously exposed to. Yesterday was such a day for me. Of what I heard of the band I liked, and when I heard free show at Government Center that night, I knew how I was going to spend my night. When I came back from the concert, my ears were ringing and my voice was slightly shot. All in all, I would call it a very good show. Not only did I hear the band that came to the radio station, I also caught the ending half of another band's set.

Unlike some of my friends, music is not my life. It is only recently that the number of concerts I have been to has begun to increase. This may be because I am now getting more into music. It might also be because most of the clubs that have shows I wanted to go to in San Diego were 21 and up and for most of my 21st year, I was not in San Diego. I still remember when I was 17 and I heard of an artist that I was a fan of coming to San Diego. When I found out the venue was 21 and up, I was just slightly disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment