Tuesday, July 6, 2010

A Rest

Well, one of my long standing plans for the summer is not going to come to fruition. According to the Blogathon website, the 2010 Blogathon will not be occurring this year. I have mixed emotions about this. On the one hand I am a little disappointed. I was looking forward to the attempt to stay up for 24 hours. I was also looking forward to raising awareness for a cause about which I am genuinely interested. Furthermore, I was hoping to meet some amazing people who my friends that have participated in the Blogathon have told me about.

On the other hand, I am just a little relieved. I won't have to beg around to find sponsors. Another positive is that I will actually be able to rest, compose myself. A third plus is also looking forward to not staying up for 24 hours. I was also worried that I wouldn't mesh/connect with the amazing people about whom I have been told so much. If you are going to be pulling a 24 hour shift, you want to know the people that you do it with. Granted the pulling of a 24 hour shift can be a bonding experience, but it's not exactly the first thing that comes to mind when it comes to group bonding.

Well, I have talked long enough about the Blogathon. On the note of rest, I would like to announce that the rest I have taken from regular updating of this blog has been well enjoyed. I have come to reconnect to parts of Boston, and also to discover new parts of the city in which I spent my youth. Boston has been, so far at least, a positive experience. I enjoy the company I intern with and the people there are genuinely friendly. I hope that I can keep contact with them in the future, although I am among the worst email correspondents among my circle of friends.

That all said, I hope that everyone out there is having a good day, and is enjoying their summer (even if there are incredible heat waves sweeping almost everywhere it seems).

No comments:

Post a Comment