Friday, March 26, 2010

Spring Break

Well spring has finally come to Denmark. With the equinox past us, the sun is finally returning to the sky and the weather is beginning to get warmer. While I still have a jacket, it is now more for the unexpected rain showers which I am told this city is known for. This means that I am past the halfway point of my time here in Europe. Hard to believe how the time has gone, especially considering how it dragged during my first weeks here.

I will be the first to admit that I had misgivings about coming to Denmark. In retrospect, I should have listened to my gut and gone back to Ohio. However hindsight, as "they" say, is 20-20. I have done my best to deal with the situation, and as the days have gotten longer, I have found myself wishing for home a little less. The wish for home still remains though. While I did wish for home while I was in China, there were days where I was actually able to forget about home. During my last days in Beijing and Kunming, and although I was excited, there was part of me that was very sad to be leaving China.

I know that the future is impossible to see, but the only thoughts I have about May 15 (now just 50 days away!) is the sensation of excitement. My emotions well might change by the time 15 May comes, but at the moment I have a very hard time seeing that happening. Then again, during the mid period of China (a mark I have just passed in Denmark) was when my cravings for 'home' were the strongest. In short, who knows? I know I don't.

Spring break will be spent traveling to Amseterdam, Paris, and Manchester. On Tuesday I will leave for my nine nights away. The day before I come back, I will be sent my housing lottery number (something about which I am nervous). Now if only courses for next semester could or would be posted, I would greatly appreciate that...

No comments:

Post a Comment